Mr James Byrne BSc(Hons), MBChB, FRCS, MD, FRCS(Gen Surg)
Mr Byrne is a Consultant Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer at Southampton University. He qualified in medicine in 1989.
His special clinical interests are:
- Obesity surgery
- Oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Reflux disease
- Laparoscopic surgery
Mr Byrne is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Association of Surgeons, Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- Chairman, Central South Coast Cancer Network Group
- Member, South West Cancer Intelligence Service
- British Obesity Surgery Society
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- International Society for Diseases of the Oesophagus
Mr Byrne provides the Gastric Balloon, Gastric Band, MGB Gastric Bypass, and Gastric Sleeve procedures in Southampton.